ITT Engineered Valves Dia-Flo® Diaphragm Valves
Dia-Flo® Diaphragm Valves are versatile and reliable solutions for various chemical applications. With options available in metal bodies, solid plastics, rubber, plastic, and glass lined, these valves are well-suited for handling corrosive fluids and challenging chemical processes. Their broad selection of body materials and diaphragms ensures chemical compatibility, making them an economical choice for process systems with pressure up to 200 psi and temperatures up to 350°F. Whether in weir or straightway designs, manual or automated, Dia-Flo® diaphragm valves can efficiently handle clear fluids and slurries alike. They are prevalent in pharmaceutical manufacturing due to their easy cleaning in place without disassembly, absence of pockets or cavities that can trap process or cleaning fluids, and capability for steam sterilization. Additionally, Dia-Flo® valves are available in FDA-compliant body and diaphragm materials, ensuring their suitability for various applications.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Streamlined Fluid Passage: The smooth contoured body minimizes pockets and cavities, preventing fluid accumulation and contamination.
- No Packing Gland or Leakage: The absence of packing glands eliminates stem packing leakage issues, improving fugitive emission control.
- Positive Leak-Tight Closure: Dia-Flo® valves offer bubble-tight closure in accordance with MSS SP–88 standards.
- In-Line Maintenance: These valves are easily maintained, reducing downtime and ownership costs.
- Molded Closed 2-Piece PTFE Diaphragm: Superior shutoff capabilities, reduced permeation, and excellent chemical resistance due to the molded diaphragm contour.
- Line-Lok (Weir type valve only): Prevents liner flexing, reducing the potential for liner cracking.
- Adjustable Travel Stop: Ensures leak-tight shutoff throughout the valve's life by preventing overclosure.
- Bronze Bushing: Reduces turning torque and enhances cycle life in challenging atmospheres.
- Sealed Bonnet: Provides secondary process containment, controlling fugitive emissions, and comes with a standard leak detection port.
- Floating Tube Nut: Enhances diaphragm life in high temperature and high cycle applications, preventing point loading on PTFE diaphragms.
- 100% Seat & Shell Testing: All valves undergo pressure testing to ensure bubble-tight performance before shipment.
- Chemical Processing: Ideal for handling various chemicals, including sulfuric and hydrochloric acid, hydrofluoric acid, and sodium hydroxide.
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing: Widely used on the chemical side of pharmaceutical production due to their easy cleaning and sterilization capabilities.
- Mining: Installed in process lines within gold, copper, zinc, and phosphate mines for chemical feed, process feed, metal refinery, and filter press applications.
- Water Treatment: Suitable for demineralizers, deionizers, reverse osmosis systems, and filtration systems.
- Nuclear Power Plants: Utilized in various nuclear services, including radwaste, chemical volume control, boron regeneration, steam generator blowdown, and service water systems.
- Fossil Power Plants: Preferred for demineralized and condensate polishers and flue gas desulphurization applications.
- Corrosive Fluid Handling: Offers practical solutions for handling corrosive fluids in various industries.
- Versatility: Dia-Flo® diaphragm valves come in various body and diaphragm materials, making them suitable for different applications.
- Reliability: Known for their long-lasting performance and minimal maintenance requirements, reducing operational costs.
- Bubble-Tight Closure: Ensures leak-tight shutoff, providing secure process control.
- Chemical Compatibility: The valves are capable of handling a wide range of corrosive fluids and chemicals.
- Easy Cleaning: The valves can be cleaned in place without disassembly, saving time and effort during maintenance.
- Abrasion Resistance: Available in numerous combinations of abrasion-resistant diaphragms and body linings for handling abrasive materials.
- Contamination Prevention: The diaphragm isolates the working parts, making Dia-Flo® valves suitable for applications where contamination must be eliminated.
- Gas and Vacuum Services: The weir diaphragm valve provides reliable gas and vacuum handling capabilities.
- Precise Control: The Dualrange® diaphragm valve offers precise throttling of highly corrosive or abrasive media.
- Economical Solution: Dia-Flo® valves offer cost-effective solutions for a wide range of chemical and process applications.